Sunday, March 17, 2013

Green colour blocking :)

Hello ladies! Often, I find inspiration from the many manicures I peruse on nail blogs and Pinterest. When I sit down to paint my nails, I will turn to these looks and add my own twist and flair into the final manicure. This time though, I pretty much copied a manicure from the talented lady over at La Paillette Frondeuse. She has some amazing manicures and when I spotted her colour blocking manicure, I knew I would have to copy it ;)

I changed the colour scheme due to my constant reach for purple - it is my comfort colour after all :P I wanted to work with a shade I don't usually wear and thus the green colour blocking was born. Plus, the decision was also influenced by the influx of green manicures due to it almost being St. Patrick's Day when I wore this. The polishes I used were OPI Jade is the new black, Misa Dirty, sexy, money, OPI Your royal shine-ness and Ulta3 lily white.

green and silver colour block

green and silver colour block

green and silver colour block

I absolutely love how the silver polish adds a little pop to the otherwise flatter looking manicure with just the crèmes. I definitely will be recreating this look with a different colour scheme ;)

Have you tried colour blocking your nails yet? What shades did you use?

Thanks for reading as always!
~Sharon

6 comments:

  1. Oh Thank you Sharon <3 your Green interpretation is so fresh, awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I totally love green polish and this is a stunner with the silver to kick it up. I am going to have to find some striping tape so I can recreate this gorgeous mani!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I also have to admit that, until now, I did not know it was possible to envy the perfect squoval tip of another person's pinky, but the nail shape of your little finger is what I stared at longingly the most in these pictures. I suddenly feel like I'm a freak. :) Back on track: this nail art, as well as the original at La Paillette Frondeuse, is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are most welcome! I love your original manicure and thank you for the lovely compliment ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Cindi :) I'd love to see how yours turns out when you try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Delphi, you make me blush! Your comment is just so sweet, thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...