Sunday, September 5, 2010

Nail art #6

Lamest title ever, but I really didn't know what to call this post :/.

I tried my hand at some nail art over the weekend and am pretty satisfied with the end result :). The design was inspired by this photo, but I decided to choose a lighter colour since I've been wearing some rather pigmented polishes lately.

Polishes used:

Sportsgirl - Baby Elephant
Glossyblossom Two-way nail art - #S08 (white) and #S03 (purple shimmer)
dots and stripes

I applied two coats of Baby Elephant as a base for my third and fifth fingers. (I think my bottle is getting a bit old, the polish was noticeably thicker this time round compared to the last.) This polish is a lovely greyed out light purple, with shimmer throughout to give it an overall gorgeous look. You can see the amount of shimmer there is in the polish in the bottle! I then used my striper to apply the white stripes. For my first and fourth fingers, I freehanded a french tip with Baby Elephant (again, two coats), then added the purple strip to 'neaten' out the look. I made use of my dotting tools to apply the dots, again, using the white polish from the striper polish. I really love the end result :).

Thanks for dropping by!
~shazzii

3 comments:

  1. Baby Elephant is a very nice neutral grey, I really like it! Haha... I think I have to put it on my list of "things to buy in Australia" XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you definitely have to drop my select pharmacies and try out the lovely (and cheap!) Ulta3 polishes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby Elephant is a very nice neutral grey, I really like it! Haha... I think I have to put it on my list of "things to buy in Australia" XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...