Monday, December 31, 2012

Entering 2013 with a bang ♥

Hi ladies! Today is a busy day as I prepare a dish of food to bring to a friend's NYE party so this will be a quick one! I was initially at a loss as to what I should have on my nails to welcome in 2013. For the past two years, I saw to it that the new year was waved in with glitter manicures (see here & here) but I wanted something a little more this time around. Cue a holographic nail polish and 3D nail accessories :D

On my thumb and index nails, I applied two coats of Color Club Revvvolution. I always forget how pretty this charcoal holo polish is so I'm glad I pulled it out to wear for the last time in 2012! ;) On my middle nail, I have two coats of Ulta3 black satin. I then applied some rhinestones, pearls and bullion beads as an accent. I also fished out the hex glitter shapes in Ulta3 pot of gold to add to the accents. I have two coats of China Glaze Tinsel town on my ring and a layering combination of black satin (two coats) and pot of gold on my pinky.

NYE manicure1

NYE manicure2

The sun wasn't cooperating for my photos - the light was weak so the rainbow from Revvvolution couldn't come out to play as well as I hoped.

NYE manicure3

NYE manicure4

NYE manicure5

I absolutely adore this manicure, I think mostly because of my 3D nail accessories accent ;) It's not often I get to use them excessively like this! What do you think, is it too much or okay as an accent? :)

Have a happy new year everyone and see you again in 2013! ♥

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

8 comments:

  1. this mani is super cute! i adore what you have done...blingtastic! i have color club revvvolution and forgot how amazing it is! enjoy your party honey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love your design, super bling super glam <<33

    ReplyDelete
  3. This mani is absolutely gorgeous! I love the accent nail! It's just the right amount of bling. Revvvolution is such a nice colour. I'm annoyed I haven't saw it before! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michelle! It's so easy to forget awesome polishes when we have so many other gorgeous ones catching out eyes ;) Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank youuuuuuu! :D I don't normally bling my nails up this much but hey, what better time than New Years Eve? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! :D I've been tempted to do that to every nail but the time it'd take to apply (not to mention remove!) and the possibility of looking over the top stopped me...only just ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Sarah! :D I love it lots and lots too ♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...