Thursday, December 20, 2012

An abstract Christmas tree

Hi everyone! I used Nailside's Christmas tree tutorial for this manicure and added my own little twist to it. Starting with two coats of OPI The show must go on and then taped off my accent nail with a striping tape.  Using China Glaze Holly day, I painted over the taped off areas and then took my dotting tool and Rimmel Your majesty to add some baubles to the tree. Lastly, I dug out my star decal and stuck it to the top of the tree with a top coat.

festive christmas tree nails1

festive christmas tree nails2

festive christmas tree nails3

festive christmas tree nails4

festive christmas tree nails5

I absolutely adored this manicure and was quite unwilling to take it off! Too bad it had started chipping... ;) What do you think of this manicure?

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

8 comments:

  1. Oh I think this is genius! Very pretty, I would be reluctant to remove it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning - I have been a big fan of many of the shades from OPI's Burlesque collection - my all time fav winter fuchsia glass fleck Let Me Entertain You is from that collection - it's stunning. The one from OPI Sky fall You Only Live Twice is really pretty and is a bit darker than LET Me Entertain You is - I like them both. I have to pull Let The Show Go On and give it another go - have not worn it for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooooooooo need to try this tape mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Janet! I loved the colour combination too, which added to my reluctance :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so easy to forget the pretties when you are swamped with new collections every so often :) I'm glad this helped inspire you to wear LTSGO again though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sooooooooooo simple and pretty! ♥ Please do try it soon :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...