Friday, December 14, 2012

Paris nails! :)

Hi ladies! Here are the actual French themed nails I sported for the night of the dinner :) I decided to go with the French flag colours and added my own interpretation into the mixture for this manicure. But I'll cut the talk and just spam the photos :D

Pinky & Index: Two coats of Maybelline Colorama Candy apple and then sponged with Mode Cosmetics Blackjack. Finally, I layered a coat of OPI Servin' up sparkle.
Ring: Two coats of Blackjack with China Glaze Ring in the red sponged at the tips.
Middle: Two coats of Orly Stone cold. I then used acrylic paint for the 'Paris' writing and the hearts. I went over the writing with a silver glitter nail art striper polish.
Thumb: Two coats of Ulta3 lily white. I used acrylic paint for the Eiffel Tower drawing, and highlighted parts with silver glitter nail art striper. I also filled in the white background with Ulta3 pot of gold.

paris nails1

paris nails2

paris nails3

paris nails4

paris nails5

The Eiffel Tower image was inspired by this nail art tutorial. I was surfing google images for inspiration and this was one of the results :) Up close, it doesn't look quite as great, but when I held my hands at a distance, this was a good pass ;)

paris nails6

paris nails7

Needless to say, I rather enjoyed this manicure! ♥ Have you tried French themed manicures before? What are your thoughts on my attempt? :)

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

13 comments:

  1. Soooo pretty! I love the ring finger :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my god these are so amazing! So pretty:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all your posts! Carry on the great work!
    Feel free to visit my blog : van nelle tabak

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's gorgeous! I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really, really pretty - it must have taken you ages! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elsa! I love doing glitter gradients :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much! It's definitely one of my favourites to date too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Helena! And yes, this one took me quite awhile... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, thank you for the lovely comment! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...