Friday, July 6, 2012

A little layering with purple

Hey there! :) Today's post is from the vault - I've had these photos sitting around in my folder for quite awhile. This is two coats of Essie St Lucia lilac layered with a coat of The Face Shop PP404. Simple and pretty, plus it's purple so what's not to like! :P

purple layering1

purple layering2

I love the subtle shimmer PP404 gives to the overall look. Do you like subtle manicures or bolder ones? :)

Oh, and stay tuned for some nail art in the coming days - I've been sitting around at home BORED so turned my (limited) creative juices on :P

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

14 comments:

  1. i think i have this in the same shade. but the brush of faceshop polishes are soo big for my nails. :(

    ❤ misskatv.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, i love subtle shimmers! I think they're the new 'creme'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty mani! I love both subtle and bold manis!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is veeeery similar to To buy or not to buy from Essie..
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa this is such a beautiful shade!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's a really pretty purple! i love the shimmer (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, it does suck when brushes are too large. If it's worth keeping though, maybe you can decant it into another bottle with a smaller brush :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are pretty, aren't they? :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ditto with that! It sometimes provides a nice cleansing feel to wear softer shades after sporting bold ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I see what you mean there. The Essie looks a little paler in comparison and definitely has even more subtle shimmers to it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes, soft and simple is the key <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13.  love the colour

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...