Friday, July 13, 2012

Hello Kitty nail art

Hi ladies~ Lately, I've been very into Hello Kitty, which is odd for me considering I was never a huge fan of it. However, after receiving my Hello Kitty contact lens kit (featured here), I decided to have a go at some nail art, inspired by this image. Unfortunately, this turned out to be a big fat fail for me - I don't know how I managed it, but my Hello Kitty turned out more like a rat...lol :( But practice makes perfect so watch out for another attempt in the future!

I started with two coats of Ulta3 spring shower. For my pinky and index nails, I stamped with Born Pretty Store plate CK-05 with Hello Kitty Golden girl and Rimmel Your majesty. I used Ulta3 lily white for the dots and stripes. I layered a thin coat of China Glaze White cap on my ring finger and stuck on a Hello Kitty fimo piece on my thumb. On my middle finger, I used acrylic paint to draw the rat Hello Kitty face and stuck on a bow fimo piece.

hello kitty nails1

hello kitty nails2

hello kitty nails3

Like I said, I'm not too happy with this look. I'm gonna get going and practice my Hello Kitty drawing :P

What are your thoughts on the manicure?

Thanks for reading.
~Sharon

2 comments:

  1. Cute, i love the kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too kind haha! The kitty really needs some working on :P

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...