Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A blue ombre manicure

Hello hello~ Finally, an ombre manicure! :P I've been meaning to do one for ages, but never got around to it. After sitting down and looking through my swatch sticks to find the right blue shades, I got to work.

From pinky to thumb (all two coats):

Ulta3 spring shower, China Glaze Caribbean blue, Australis Flip-flops, China Glaze First mate, Bloom Tel aviv.

blue ombre1

blue ombre2

blue ombre3

I took OPI Save me to layer with - I think it looks best over the pastel blue!

blue ombre with glitter1

blue ombre with glitter2

Have you tried ombre nails before? What colour would be your choice?

Thanks for reading.
~Sharon

14 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic :-) I've been meaning to do a purple ombre for ages xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a blue one recently for Artsy Wednesday :) I finally noticed your new layout, very nice! The header is beautiful. I'm planning to jazz up my blog soon, it's starting to irritate me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect tonal ombre.  Mine always end up looking more like skittles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. really nice post. love the nail colors.
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/ 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Helena! You can bet purple is on my ombre-to-do list as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Michelle ^^ I really love the current look so hopefully I won't be sick of it too soon ;) Ombre manicures are so fun too! Simple and pretty ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, thank you! I sat down and thought hard to pick those blue polishes out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this ombre! I'm totally digging the ombres with varying textures. Adds a special something to the mani. :)

    Your choice of glitter was great, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, thank you! I was actually trying for a pure crème look but didn't have enough shades in the finish :P The different finishes look quite pretty together too, so I'm glad you like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...