Thursday, September 29, 2011

There's glitter and there's crackle

Hello hello! As promised, I'm back with a mani for today :) I was actually all ready to polish my nails but had a little problem - I didn't know what colour to choose! D: Do you ladies feel this sometimes? To think I own just over 200 bottles of nail polish but didn't know which one to use...dilemma!

Anyway, I finally decided on using OPI Last friday night since I love love love the pretty blue-yellow-orange-green glitter suspended in a sheer blue base. I thought I'd layer it over black and then inspiration hit me - why not reverse the colours for an accent nail? So crackle polish was brought out to layer over a blue base shade :)

Oh and I totally chopped my nails while I was sick haha. I couldn't stand the length they were growing to and couldn't be bothered to file them so for the first time in over a year, I brought out my nail clippers :P Hence the nubs and rounded nail shape. I can't wait until they grow back out though, I much more prefer the squoval shape to this.

glitter crack1

I applied two coats of Ulta3 black satin and then layered two coats of Last Friday night over it. Don't you just adore the beauty that is LFN? It's just so gorgeous, definitely my favourite polish from the Katy Perry collection! For my accent nail, I applied two coats of OPI Yodel me on my cell and then layered a coat of OPI Black shatter over it.

glitter crack2

glitter crack3

What do you think of this mani? :)

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

29 comments:

  1. looks gorgeous, with the crackled one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love OPI lfn, it looks good on everything. Good idea with the accent nail, really fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. your nails still look super pretty! I like them this way!!
    I've never noticed LFN was that gorgeous! You've mad a great combo there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this mani :) it looks very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!  I love LFN - it's so especially pretty layered!  This mani looks fab on you!  :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is incredibly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really cute. I just got LFN and layered it over blue and it wasn't nearly as pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Last Friday Night does look amazing! I think my local beauty supply store still has it... I should pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. the colour and combo is amazing~~ i want to get last friday night.. but i HATE the removal process of glitter polishes -____-" i love the mani anyways :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Last Friday Night looks amazing over black!  And the reversed colors for the crackle nail look great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving how LFN looks over the black

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, thanks girl! That's such a lovely thing to say ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the contrast the crackle gives ^^

    ReplyDelete
  14. LFN = ♥♥♥! I can rave on and on about it haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww, thank you! ^^ LFN is definitely one of my favourite glitters, I love layering with it so much :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay, another LFN lover :D It's made to layer with haha, so glorious <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh, the best blue I've layered it over has to be China Glaze First Mate. IT IS GORGEOUS! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. Run for it! Hehe, it's that beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha yeah, removal will be a pain. I'll be sure to use the foil method for it though!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Frances! Sometimes, my brain surprises me :P

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so sparkly *___* :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very beautiful that Katy perry nail polish sure is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...