Sunday, October 10, 2010

Nail art #13 - Kiwi nails!

Woah, I've made it through the week and the weekend! Hectic back to Uni week and on top of that I had a busy weekend, but I've somehow pulled through and yes, more nail art! :D This design was inspired by Cutepolish's youtube tutorial. I was all for a spring-y design since it's spring here (and most like it too, it's been cloudy and rainy since forever!) and came across the video; I obviously couldn't resist the cute kiwi nails :P.
kiwi nails

Polishes used are China Glaze's Re-Freshmint for the base - I used two coats, Ulta3's Lily White for the middle of the kiwi, Glossyblossom's nail art striper in White and Maybelline's Dark Chocolate for the seeds.

I know Re-Freshmint is hardly the best green shade for kiwis but I don't own that many green polishes to begin with and so had a rather limited collection to choose from. This was truly the best I could find.
kiwi nails2

As you can see, I've filed my nails to a rounder shape due to my middle nail breaking. You can see it's awkwardly filed compared to the rest of the nails. I'm not quite sure I love the round nail look on me, I certainly do prefer square shaped nails more, but I'm not hating it. Which is good because it'll be awhile until I get my square nail shape back :P.

Thanks for dropping by.
~shazzii

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh so cute! Now I feel like some yummy kiwifruit hehe. Cutepolish does such great tutorials =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is really cute! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'chelle: She definitely does! I love watching her tutorials so much.

    Lois: Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. from a "kiwi" of a different type (ie: New Zealander) it's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'chelle: She definitely does! I love watching her tutorials so much.

    Lois: Thanks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh so cute! Now I feel like some yummy kiwifruit hehe. Cutepolish does such great tutorials =D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...