Friday, October 1, 2010

Funky french tips

I was a bit undecided on the polish to choose for my next manicure, so I decided to play around with some layering. I tried a few sheer polishes over a matte black and voilà this lovely combination materialised in front of my eyes.
french tips

Shown here is two coats of Orly's Matte Vinyl. I then used OPI's Princesses rule for layering at the tips and freehanded them. I decided I wanted to keep the matte look but since I don't own any matte topcoats (I must invest in one now!), I had to make do with my base polish - NailTek Foundation II. It gives the polish a slightly glossier look, nevertheless it's matte enough. I love the way this turned out and the best thing is it's so terribly simple!

Thanks for dropping by.
~shazzii

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...