Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A girly mani...for Valentine's Day?

Hello everyone~ This  is the last of my scheduled posts ^^ As you're reading this, I'm probably scrambling around doing my last minute packing and hoping that my luggage doesn't weigh over 20kg :P And of course, already missing Hong Kong as well! That's right, I'm finally flying back to Australia. *teary eyes* Anyway!

This mani didn't go the way I had intended it to haha. Maybe it was the colours I used, but it turned out to be quite girly...not something I wear often. I guess this is sort of suitable for Valentine's Day? :P

I started off with two coats of Ulta3 lily white. My bottle is getting sooo thick and gluggy and no amount of thinner thins it out :(. I really need a new one so application won't be such a pain! Anyway. After that finally dried, I applied a thick coat of Glitter Gal Fuchsia and Black alternatively only my nails for the stripes. I used a nail art polish to add the thin silver glitter stripes.

girly mani1

girly mani2

girly mani3

And a photo with flash as I didn't have sun to show off the holo polishes :)

girly mani4

I'm not really into celebrating Valentine's Day - I think it's just a good day for us consumers to be ripped off! A simple dinner is fine with me and plus, I don't need a day to especially show my love; I hope to do it all the time ^^ What are you doing with your loved one though? And are you one to wear girly manis? :)

Thanks for reading.
~Sharon

16 comments:

  1. this is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this mani! It's girly without being too girly! And I agree with you about Valentine's! We just use it as an excuse to have a nice dinner :) Safe travels back to Aus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks ^^ Can you believe they actually up the prices in Hong Kong on this day, surcharge and all? There excuse is that it's Valentine's Day... :O

      Delete
  3. Hmm, which thinner do you use? I have the opposite problem - I thinned one of my Lily Whites too much and now it takes about 5 coats! (Yes, I have multiple backups of Lily White. Shaddup. :\ )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Poshe thinner. I've just given up and bought another bottle of white polish haha. Lily white is almost finished anyhow... :P

      Delete
  4. Cathy @ More Nail PolishFebruary 14, 2012 at 9:17 PM

    I really love this look. I wore holo today too, but the sun was lousy most of the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh, so much for summer! Where is the sun when you need it? :P

      Delete
  5. I really really love this mani!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nail art is gorgeous!! Like!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the lovely comment! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...