Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Studding up the brights for summer & my first EOTD :)

Hi ladies! I'm super excited to show you today's manicure, so much so that it's jumped the queue of past notds ;) It's simple but totally suitable for the warm weather we're having today - it really screams summer!

I started with a base of BYS Colour Change Bright pink and Blue. It's so warm that you can't see the colour change on my nails...I might have to go play with some water soon ;) I then took some 2mm square studs from Born Pretty Store and stuck them onto the base of my nail. Ta-da! Simple, bright and summery :D

brights, studs and summer1

brights, studs and summer2

Next up! Recently, I have been dabbling into the world of make up. I am nowhere near decent at applying it yet but really, practice does make perfect. Well, eventually :P

I recently had the opportunity to try out some false eyelashes, complete with an applicator and glue. For a first time user, I found these extra tools to be quite helpful! I especially like the glue as it comes with a fine tipped brush, similar to those found in nail art striper polishes. It meant that I didn't have to clumsily apply the glue onto the base of the false eyelashes.

eotd (falsies)

So first up, here's the eye look, without the false eyelashes. Normally I wouldn't apply eyeshadow as I'm still not very good at it (please be nice!) but I had to hide my horrible dark circles somehow. I haven't been sleeping well lately and my concealer just couldn't handle the darkness.

eotd (no falsies)

Here, I've applied a false eyelash. As you can see, it's superrrrrrrrrr long! I personally wouldn't go out wearing these because it's really apparent they're falsies but I might give them a trim and try them out again.

eotd (with falsies)1

A side shot to compare the lengths of the false eyelash and my natural ones. Oh, a trim is definitely in need!

eotd (with falsies)2

Born Pretty Stores sells a variety of nail and beauty products at really cheap prices with free international shipping. And if you use my code PIJ61, you'll receive 10% off your total purchase!


What do you think of my first attempt? :P As I said before, I've only just dipped my toes into the world of make up but with more practice, I'm bound to improve. Right...? :)

At the very least, I love my nails. They're so bright! :D Are there any northern hemisphere girls still reaching for the summer shades?

Thanks for reading!
~Sharon

2 comments:

  1. nice fodt, and nodt:D nice blog:D

    http://beautyandfashion-makeup.blogspot.hu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, thank you! ^^

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...